Dear GeoPRISMS Community,
It will soon be time to transition the GeoPRISMS Office from the capable hands of Peter van Keken to a new steward. The Program Office is a central and essential piece of the GeoPRISMS community and we are hoping to find an Office Director who is as capable, enthusiastic, and as in touch with the community as Peter and his predecessors. Key activities of the GeoPRISMS Office include (but are certainly not limited to):
– maintain the website and serve as a centralized information source
– publish the newsletter twice a year
– organize the annual meeting of the steering committee at NSF
– plan and facilitate AGU activities including a Townhall meeting and workshops
– serve as a liaison between the community and NSF and related programs
– organize community workshops
The Director of the Office also serves as the chair of the GeoPRISMS Steering and Oversight Committee.
We are asking you, the community, for names (of others or yourselves) who you think would serve well in this position. Once the nominations are submitted to NSF we will ask those who are both nominated and interested to submit a 2-page letter of interest. NSF will seek GSOC input on the nominees. It is our goal to invite a proposal for the GeoPRISMS Office by Fall of 2015 and that a new office will be in place by Spring of 2016.
Donna Blackman and Jennifer Wade
GeoPRISMS Program Managers, National Science Foundation
Phone: (703) 292-7978
Phone: (703) 292-4739